ST PHILIP THE APOSTLE MEN’S FELLOWSHIP
Pope St. Pius X once told a group of Cardinals, in answer to the question of what was needed to save society: "The most necessary thing of all at this time is for every parish to possess a group of laymen who will be at the same time virtuous, enlightened, resolute, and apostolic."
St Philip the Apostle Men's Fellowship offers all men of the parish opportunities to come together as brothers, strengthening one another as we work to grow in emotional and spiritual maturity, in holiness, and to fulfill our responsibility to know our faith and live it virtuously, courageously, and apostolically. All in the spirit of 1 Thessalonians 5:9-11,14-18.
For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us so that whether we wake or sleep we might live with him. Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing ... Be at peace among yourselves. And we exhort you, brethren, admonish the idle, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with them all. See that none of you repays evil for evil, but always seek to do good to one another and to all. Rejoice always, pray constantly, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thessalonians 5:9-11, 14-18.
- Building community by inviting all men of the parish to face the struggle against sin together as brothers, shoulder to shoulder, to grow in virtue.
- Programs to help our men grow in the knowledge and practice of their Catholic faith.
- Help our men to put on the full armor of God and stand in the breach to face the moral temptations and challenges of life, with opportunities to be fed by the bread of life, the Eucharist, and strengthened by God's merciful forgiveness in the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
- Encouraging and enabling our men to share their talents and gifts with others as Catholic lay leaders.
- A schedule of Men's Fellowship Prayer Breakfasts with fellowship, music, prayer, and informative and inspiring speakers.
- Days of Recollection at the Parish.
- Annual retreats at Catholic retreat centers, with access to the sacraments, especially the Eucharist and Confession, and opportunities for spiritual direction.
- Apostolic outreach to coordinate with other ministries in the parish and the wider Catholic community to sponsor events bringing together men from the Bakersfield and Kern County area for fellowship, prayer and reflection, and opportunities for conversion and spiritual growth.
ALL MEN OF THE PARISH ARE INVITED TO JOIN US!
Contact us to join our email list: [email protected]
St Philip the Apostle Men’s Fellowship
Hank Scharf, Coordinator