High School Religious Education
Early Registration for 2022-2023 will begin in person on June 15th through July 15th in the Parish Office from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday through Friday.
Registrations for High School will only be taken in person with student present.
For questions please email:[email protected]rg
ALL High School Sacrament Preperation Sessions with Early Registration Fees:
1st Year | Sundays at 3:15 pm-5:00 pm, $275* for the year (includes: registration fee, books, materials, retreat, etc.)
2nd Year | Sundays at 6:00 pm-7:45 pm, $300* for the year
To register please bring: Fee, a copy of the following certificates:
- 1st Communion (if registering for confirmation)
All the above must be present to register, no exceptions.
*Please note that prices will increase after July 15th, and the price points above reflect our early regisrtration fees.
ALL students in ALL High School Sacramental Preparation programs will be expected to meet the following requirements, per year to complete their preparation program:
- Attending class weekly, students are given 4 excused absences per year, for emergencies or doctor excused illness, with provided documentation. Students who do not provide documentation will be given additional homework and receive an additional Youth Ministry Attendance.
- 10 Works of Mercy
- Assist at 2 Youth Ministry Fundraisers/events
- 10 Youth Ministry Attendances to Bible Study and/or Youth Group
- Complete all assignments/projects/journals, home or in class.
- 4 Saint project
- 1 Exalt
- 1 Retreat per year with St. Philip Confirmation Program (students who do not attend will be given 3 absences, absence from the retreat may result in removal from the program due to incomplete requirements.)
- 1 Exalt per year.
- 1 day retreat (provided by St. Philip)
- Help/attend 1 Youth Ministry Fundraiser/event/group
All requirements are subject to change/alteration.
Sacramental Preparation Programs
High School R.C.I.A
The High School R.C.I.A. program is for 9th-12th Graders who have not received sacraments of initiation in the Catholic church, and have not been baptized. This is a two-year program, at the end of the two years, during the Easter Vigil Mass students will receive the sacraments of: baptism, 1st communion and confirmation.
High School 1st Communion
The High School 1st Communion program is for those students who have already received the sacrament of Baptism and have not received their first communion in the catholic church. This is a two-year program, at the end of the two years, students will recieve the sacrament following Easter Sunday.
High School Confirmation
The High School Confirmation program is for those students who have already received the sacrament of Baptism and 1st Communion and would like to complete their Sacraments of Initiation to become full active members of the parish community. This is a two-year program.
- Am I able to register for High School Confirmation? To register in the High School Confirmation preparation program a student must be:
-entering the sophomore year (10th grade)
-has received baptism
-has received 1st Communion
-or has already completed the 1st year of the Confirmation preparation program at St. Philip the Apostle Church
- How long are the programs? All high school programs will have the student attend a 2-year preparation program; registration is required for each new year, and all registration.
- How much does it cost? What does cost include? Registration for High School Sacraments Fee is $275 for year 1 and $300 for year 2. We run at cost; the registration fee is all inclusive for the year per student. It includes Registration, programing, all Books, Materials, 1 Retreat, Parent Retreat, Sponsor Retreat.
- Can I enroll my student? How old do they need to be? Early enrollment/registration will Run from June 15th to July 15th. With regualr registrations running until August 7th. We will not be able to accept any late registrations at this time. High School programs are dependent upon student’s grade level. Any student 9th-12th grade may enter RCIA or 1st Communion, however, to enroll in High School Confirmation, student’s must be in 10th grade (sophomore).
- When do you meet and what times? Preparation Classes meet weekly on Sundays rooms are TBD.
Session times: 1st Year | Sundays at 3:15 pm-5:00 pm | 2nd Year | Sundays at 6:00 pm-7:45 pm
In order to be a Sponsor according to the Catholic church:
Being a sponsor is not just an "honor" given to a good friend or relative. Sponsorship implies a genuine appreciation of the Roman Catholic Faith, a practice of the same manifested in the weekly assistance at Mass and the regular reception of the sacraments, and a sense of responsibility toward the person being confirmed. Someone the student can grow, learn and see as an example of faith. If the chosen sponsor is married, he or she must have had that marriage recognized and blessed by the Catholic Church.
In accordance with the Laws of the Roman Catholic Church (Canons 872, 874, 892 and 893) to be a sponsor a person must:
- Be a person suitable for this role, selected by the candidate's family, and having the intention of fulfilling this privileged role.
- Be at least sixteen (16) years of age.
- Be a Baptized Catholic who has been confirmed, has received Eucharist, and who lives a life of Faith which befits the role of a sponsor. (If married, you must be married in the Catholic Church)
- Be neither the father nor mother of the person to be baptized / confirmed.
Students may only have 1 sponsor. All sponsors must fill out a form that needs to be signed by the sponsor’s parish priest. We also ask that the sponsor if:
Single: please attach a copy of confirmation certificate
Married: Please attach a copy of Marriage Certificate from the catholic parish where the Couple were married.'