Middle School Sacrament Preperation (6th, 7th, 8th Grade Students)
Middle School R.C.I.A
The Middle School R.C.I.A. program is for 6th, 7th, and 8th Graders who have not received sacraments of initiation in the Catholic church, and have not been baptized. This is a two-year program, at the end of the two years, during the Easter Vigil Mass students will receive the sacraments of: baptism, 1st communion and confirmation.
Middle School 1st Communion
The Middle School 1st Communion program is for those students who have already received the sacrament of Baptism and have not received their first communion in the catholic church. This is a two-year program, at the end of the two years, students will recieve the sacrament following Easter Sunday.
ALL Middle School Sacrament Preperation will take place on Sundays
at 3:00 pm-4:45 pm
ALL students in ALL Middle School Sacramental Preparation programs will be expected to meet the following requirements, per year to complete their preparation program:
- Attending class weekly, students are given 4 excused absences per year, for emergencies or doctor excused illness, with provided documentation. Students who do not provide documentation will be given additional homework and receive an additional Youth Ministry Attendance.
- 6 Works of Mercy
- Assist at 2 Youth Ministry Fundraisers/events
- 8 Youth Ministry Attendances to Bible Study and/or Youth Group
- Complete all assignments/projects/journals, home or in class.
- 1 Saint project
- 1 Retreat per year with St. Philip Middle School Program
- 1 Exalt per year.
- 1 day retreat (provided by St. Philip)
- Help/attend 1 Youth Ministry Fundraiser/event/group