To register your child for baptism at St. Philip the Apostle:
- The parents(s) will need to go to the Parish office, which is open Monday through Friday – 9:00am to 5:00pm.
- The child’s Birth Certificate must be presented at the time of registration.
- A donation of $50.00 per child at time of registration. (Donation is not refundable)
- Parents and Godparents are required to attend a Baptism preparation class.
- No children are allowed at Baptism preparation class. (Childcare available by appointment)
In order to baptize your child at a different parish, most often the church of baptism will require a permission letter from your pastor and proof of attending a Baptism Preparation class. The class may be taken at St. Philip’s. Please come into the parish office to register for the class. There is a $20.00 fee for the class and certificate of attendance.
*No registration will be taken unless all parties have taken a Baptismal Preparation Class*
Diocese of Fresno Policy for Reception of Baptism
For infant baptism:
- Infants should be baptized soon after birth, but sufficient time is necessary for the proper instruction.
- Children who are seven years of age or older must receive instruction in the Church before being baptized.
- The ordinary place for baptism is in the parish church attended by the parents.
- One of the parents or a legal guardian must request baptism.
- There must be a founded hope that the child baptized will be brought up in the Catholic religion.
- Godparents must have received Baptism, Confirmation and the Holy Eucharist, should be at least 16 years of age, and should be practicingCatholics who are able to give the example of a good Catholic life.
- There are normally to be two godparents, one man and one woman. If they are couple, must be married in the Catholic church.
- A baptized non-Catholic may not be a godparent but may be an official witness to the baptism, as long as there is one Catholic godparent.
- Baptism is not to be conferred until parents and godparents have attended pre-baptismal instruction. The responsibilities of parents and godparents are to be reviewed, as well as preparation for the celebration of the rite of baptism.
2017 Baptism Calendar
September 23, 2017 at 9:00 am English
September 23. 2017 at 11:00 am Spanish
October 28, 2017 at 9:00 am English
October 28, 2017 at 11:00 am Spanish
November 18, 2017 at 9:00 am English
November 18, 2017 at 10:00 am Spanish
2018 Baptism Calendar
January 27, 2018 9:00 am
January 27, 2018 11:00 am
February 11, 2018 9:00 am * please note date change due to lent
February 11, 2018 11:00 am
March NO BAPTISMS
April 28, 2018 9:00 am
April 28, 2018 11:00 am
May 26, 2018 9:00 am
May 26, 2018 11:00 am
June 23, 2018 9:00 am
June 23, 2018 11:00 am
July 28, 2018 9:00 am
July 28, 2018 11:00 am
August 25, 2018 9:00 am
August 25, 2018 11:00 am
September 22, 2018 9:00 am
September 22, 2018 11:00 am
October 27, 2018 9:00 am
October 27, 2018 11:00 am
November 17, 2018 9:00 am
November 17, 2018 11:00 am